Cleaning hacks for allergy sufferersby Janine, Aug 2023
Hey there, fellow allergy warriors! 🌼🤧 Let’s face it, living with allergies can be a real challenge, especially when you feel like your own home is out to get you. But fear not! We’re diving into some cleaning wizardry that will help you reclaim your space and breathe easy. 🏠💨
1. The Dust Dance Party: Dust bunnies beware – it’s time to shake things up! Dusting isn’t just about making your surfaces sparkle; it’s about showing those pesky allergens who’s boss. Grab a microfibre cloth (your new best friend), and give your surfaces a gentle dance routine. Don’t forget those forgotten nooks and crannies, like the tops of shelves and behind picture frames. And hey, don’t be shy about getting into the groove yourself – it’s a workout and a cleaning session rolled into one!
If your microfibres are in need of a clean themselves, check out our post on how to do so!
2. Vacuum Like a Pro: Your vacuum cleaner is your secret weapon in the battle against allergens. Opt for a vacuum with a HEPA filter to trap those microscopic troublemakers. Pay special attention to upholstered furniture, carpets, and rugs. And if you’re feeling extra sassy, give your mattress a good vacuuming – you won’t believe the difference it makes in your sleep quality!
3. Curtain Call: Your curtains might be the star of the show, but they could also be harbouring allergens. Throw those bad boys in the wash or give them a gentle shake outside to bid those allergens farewell. Your nose will thank you later.
4. Bedding Bonanza: Your bed might just be the culprit behind those morning sneezes. Wash your sheets, pillowcases, and blankets weekly in hot water to bid adieu to dust mites. Oh, and if you’ve got a penchant for stuffed animals, they could be guilty too – toss them in the dryer on high heat for about 20 minutes to give allergens the boot.
You might fancy going all out and giving your mattress a good clean too – we’ve written an article on how to deep clean your mattress! Check it out here.
5. A Clutter-Free Haven: Allergens love to hide in clutter, so channel your inner Marie Kondo and declutter like a champ. Less stuff means fewer places for allergens to hang out. Plus, who doesn’t love the serenity of a clutter-free space?
6. Bye-Bye to Mold and Mildew: Bathrooms are notorious breeding grounds for mold and mildew – not cool, right? Keep your bathroom dry and well-ventilated. Scrub away any moldy patches and don’t forget to clean the shower curtain. A sprinkle of baking soda can be your secret weapon against stubborn stains and odors.
7. Pet Patrol: Fur babies are adorable, but their dander can be a trigger for allergies. Groom your pets regularly and consider designating a pet-free zone in your home to give your immune system a break.
So there you have it, allergy warriors! Armed with these cleaning hacks, you’ll be on your way to creating a haven where sneezes are scarce and comfy breathing is the norm. Remember, it’s not just about cleaning – it’s about showing those allergens who’s boss! 💪🌬️
Until next time, stay sniffle-free and keep rockin’ that cleaning cape! 🦸♀️🧹