Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
Ways to save money on cleaning our homes!by Well Polished York, Sep 2018
Cleaning our homes is not everyone’s favourite task! Although it is one, most of us can not and should not avoid. So why would we spend a lot of money on a chore that we don’t even enjoy! Save those pennies for rainy days with a few tips on how to spend less on cleaning products.
- Avoid spending on big brands! We are all guilty of buying a product of any kind because of it’s colourful and familiar logo, however, most lesser know brands are exactly the same product within a different package, so, try not to get sucked into only buying the ones you recognise! Fill up your basket with cheaper cleaning products and book that family day out instead.
- Buy reusable cleaning cloths! OK, so this may seem like an obvious one to some. However, many people use expensive wipes on all surfaces around their homes. Re-usable cloths such as microfibre cloths work wonders and can be put in the wash after use. They come out fresh and as good as new!
- Use vinegar as a substitute for glass cleaner! – We all have vinegar in the cupboards and it’s much cheaper to buy than a branded window cleaning spray! Mix 50% white vinegar in a spray bottle with 50% tap water, spray on your widows and wipe down with scrupled newspaper (another cheap, reusable item)
- Unblock your sink with baking soda! There is no need to buy an expensive toxic drain cleaner when baking soda can do the trick! Try pouring half a cup of baking soda down the blocked drain, and then follow it with a half cup of vinegar. Cover the drain with a cloth and leave for about 10 minutes!
- Declutter the house! Controlling clutter is a major part of keeping a house clean. Removing unwanted and unnecessary items from your home means you have less to clean; and therefore less cleaning products to buy! You can even make extra cash through de-cluttering by selling anything you no longer need at your local car boot sale!