Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
Cost-Saving Cosy Tips!by Emma Lord, Nov 2018
The winter nights are well and truly settling in and it’s really tempting to turn up that thermostat a few notches! However, before you sting yourself with high heating bills just before Christmas, why don’t you try our tips to keep you cosy!
- 18, is the magic number! Stats show that 18 degrees is the perfect temperature to maintain your home nice and toasty. If this seems too cold for you, try a higher level temperature and reduce it by 1 degree every week.
- Use your timer! Planning your heating to turn on first thing in the morning before you awake, then for when you arrive home from work. What is the point in having the heating on when you’re not even at home?
- Only use the radiators you need! Never use the spare room unless you have a guest? Why are you heating it? Turn off the radiator in dormant rooms so you can save your pennies!
- Keep them clear! Are you a fiend for hanging your washing up on the radiators? You’re stopping the heat getting around your house! Move all furniture and objects near your radiators that will just absorb the heat.
- Do a draught check! Have a check around your home for anywhere that draughts might be creeping in, buy yourself some draught excluders and pop them around your home to stop the cold breeze coming through!
And finally, don’t forget to layer up!