Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
Learn How to Re-Paint a Room With These Simple Stepsby Well Polished Worthing, Jul 2019
Painting can dramatically change the look and feel of a room. Many homes are given boring white or neutral tones with the hopes of increasing the resale value, but seriously, who likes plain old white walls? Add some color and personality to your room, but before you jump, you have to learn how to paint a room.
Here is a list of some of the supplies you’ll need:
* Flat brush * Small angled Brush * Roller & rolling Tray * Painter's tape to prevent mistakes * Extensions for your roller to reach high places * Drop cloths or tarps to cover floor and furniture * Spackle to fill cracks and wall damage * Putty knife * Sandpaper
Consult your local paint store for the type of paint that will be right for your job. Be sure to take the room measurements before you go, so you’ll know how much paint you’ll need. Once you’ve picked your color and purchased your paint, you’re ready to get started.
Here’s what to do next:
- Remove the furniture from the room or at least move it to the middle of the room and cover it completely to protect it from paint splatter.
- Remove all objects, include outlet and switch covers, from the wall.
- Cover the floor with the drop cloths or tarps.
- Wash the walls thoroughly and make sure to remove all soap.
- Use the sandpaper to remove lose paint.
- Patch holes, cracks and other damage with the spackle using the putty knife.
- Once putty is dried, sand again to smooth out completely.
- Use painter’s tape at the ceiling, around windows, etc. to ensure paint only goes where you want it.
- Apply paint with flat brush in the corners and close to the ceiling.
- Very quickly after, add paint to the roller pan and start painting the rest of the wall.
- Repeat the process for another coat or two.
Tips to keep in mind:
- Make sure you have proper ventilation in the room
- Don’t put too much paint in the rolling pan or it will dry out.
- Try to get as close to the corners as you can with your roller to make a smooth finish.
- Spend extra time filling holes and sanding. The end result will be worth it.
- Keep a rag handy for spills.
Painting is fairly simple process, but it does take some time and patience. Follow the steps above to successful repainting of your room.