Tip Tuesday – Christmas Series – Christmas Gamesby Well Polished Tunbridge Wells, Dec 2016
There’s nothing like a board game after Christmas lunch, and we reckon the competitive spirit helps with the festive bonding!
So, if you’ve left it too late to get your hands on any actual board games, we’ve put together some questions to get things started for you!
Mr and Mrs
Ask the question and get both partners to write down their answers, then check! A point for each correct score, wit the most points at the end winning.
- What’s the one thing your partner would save in a fire?
- What would they say is the most embarrassing thing you’ve ever done?
- Who is their celebrity crush?
- What would they say is your most annoying habit?
- What would you say is their most annoying habit?
- Who would play them in a movie of their life?
- What year did you get together?
- What’s their favourite meal?
- Would you rather spend an evening out with their parents or yours?
- What’s the first film you ever saw together?
- What’s their favourite time of year?
- What is their guilty pleasure?
- What is their speciality in the kitchen?
- Where is their favourite place in the world?
- What is their favourite TV programme?
We’ve put the answers here to stop any cheating going on! So ask the questions first, then head over to the answers page to reveal who knows the most!
- Which singer joined Mel Gibson in the movie Mad Max: Beyond The Thunderdome?
- Which American state is nearest to the former Soviet Union?
- Name the two families in Romeo and Juliet
- Which is the financial centre and main city of Switzerland?
- What is the policeman’s name in Noddy stories?
- In the 1963 film The Great Escape, what names were given to the three tunnels?
- Which guitarist is known as Slowhand?
- In which film did Roger Moore first play James Bond?
- How many gallons of beer are in a firkin?
- What do the British call the vegetables that Americans call zucchini?
- In which bay is Alcatraz?
- In which Dickens novel was Miss Havisham jilted on her wedding day?
- What is an otter’s home called?
- In Roman mythology, Neptune is the equivalent to which Greek god?
- What is the only English language single word anagram of the word crouton?
- Which TV character said ‘Live long and prosper’?
- How od is a horse when it changes from a filly to a mare?
- Which is the smallest member of the flute family?
- Which Bond villain has been played by Telly Savalas, Donald Pleasance, Charles Gray, and Max Von Sydow?
- What movie did Elvis Presley first appear in?
Write these ideas on bits of paper, put them into a hat and take turns acting them out for your team to guess.
- Pulp Fiction
- Toy Story
- The Matrix
- Bridget Jones’ Diary
- Black Swan
- TV Shows
- Breaking Bad
- Gossip Girl
- Top Gear
- Fawlty Towers
- Doctor Who
- Keeping Up With the Kardashians
- Downton Abbey
- Star Trek
- Harry Potter
- Watership Down
- The Very Hungry Caterpillar
- Little Women
- The Cat in the Hat
- 50 Shades of Grey
- Gone With the Wind
- Charlotte’s Web
- The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe
- The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
- Celebrities and Fictional Characters
- Michael Jackson
- Albert Einstein
- The Incredible Hulk
- Justin Bieber
- Nancy Drew
- Bill Gates
- Homer Simpson
- Britney Spears