How to prepare for last minute guestsby Well Polished Tunbridge Wells, Sep 2016
Everyone has received that last-minute text message at some point warning of imminent guests, which is swiftly followed by a mad panic to get the house ready. Here are some tips on which areas you should focus on, depending on how much time you have, to ensure your home is looking its best for your guests.
Guests ETA: 30 minutes
- Tidy up communal areas such as the hallway, kitchen and living room, not forgetting to fluff the sofa cushions
- Wipe down the sides in the kitchen and bathrooms, putting dirty dishes in the dishwasher as you go
- Make sure there’s plenty of toilet paper in the bathrooms
- Light a couple of candles and dim the lighting. What they can’t see won’t hurt them!
Guests ETA: 1 hour
- Complete all jobs in the 30 mins section
- Hoover the carpet and sweep the floors
- Clean the toilet
- Declutter and dust all surfaces
- Make the beds
Guests ETA: 2 hours
- Complete all jobs in the 30 minutes and 1 hour sections
- Wash towels in the bathrooms
- Mop the floors
- Clean the bath/showers
- Clean the fridge
- Wipe down all mirrors
Next time you get the dreaded message, follow the list above and your home will look immaculate in no time. Your guests will never even know!