Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
A Simple Guide To A Quick Spring Cleanby Charlotte Edge, May 2020
The days are getting longer, the weather is getting warmer (kind of!) and the flowers are starting to appear! This is also the time of year where we all like to have a ‘spring clean’, so doing all the chores we don’t get round to in our regular cleaning routine! We have put together some of our favourite ways to give your home a mini spring clean!
- Empty kitchen cupboards out and wipe all the insides down, using antibacterial spray and a clean cloth works a treat. This is also a perfect chance to check the dates on your food! You’ll be amazed at what you find!
Top Tip: When cleaning out any cupboard put the food at the front that needs to be used first!
- Empty your cutlery drawer and give this a clean, you’ll be surprised how many crumbs get in here!
- Wash cushion covers, blankets and curtains! These are often forgotten and they do gather a lot of dust!
- Take all the cushions off the sofa and give it a good hoover and see what you find down the side of the sofa! Whilst you have pulled the furniture out you may as well wipe down all the skirting boards too and hoover and mop the floor underneath.
- This is also a perfect time to clean interior windows. If you have a window vacuum this will do the job perfectly, if not white wine vinegar and a microfibre cloth work just as well!
Top Tip: Try not to clean your windows when the sun is on them as this can leave them looking streaky.
- Bring out your extendable duster and sweep away all those cobwebs hiding in the corners of the rooms and on the lights.
- Now is also a great time to clean out your clothes drawers and wardrobes. See our blog post on this here.
- Clean all the tiles and grout in your bathroom. Give them a spray and a good scrub with a toothbrush to make them sparkle!
- Disinfect all door handles, light switches, bannisters and any other high traffic areas.
- Finally, have a bunch of flowers on your windowsill to brighten up the room!
Now we know we have made all these jobs sound quick and easy, but if you still don’t fancy doing them yourself, click here to book a cleaner with us and we will happily do it for you!