Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
Declutter your Home and Feel Betterby Suzanne Ridgeway, May 2020
We all know that having a clean and decluttered home makes you feel so much better and much has been written* about the psychological benefits of a clutter free home.
The latest guru in this area is Marie Kondo. In her bestselling book “The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up” Kondo describes the KonMari method. A system of simplifying and organizing the home, getting rid of physical items that do not bring joy into your life. The KonMari method** encourages you to tackle your home, not room by room but category by category.
Adopting the following principles
- Fully engage and commit to tidying up.
- Visualise your ideal lifestyle.
- Complete the discarding process first for each category.
- Ask yourself if items spark joy.
- Before getting rid of items, sincerely thank each item for serving its purpose.
- Tidy by category not location, clothes, books papers, miscellaneous and leaving sentimental items until the end.
Once your home has been decluttered and organized it will feel so much easier to keep tidy and clean. If you need any help keeping your home spick and span don’t hesitate to contact the team at Well-Polished Sheffield and we will do our best to help.