Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
5 Places to Visit in Readingby Crista Sanderson, Nov 2018
- Stanlake Park Wine Estate: One of the most productive wineries in the UK, this business presses as much as 200 tonnes of vintage wine. Head over to their website or visit them in their cellar store to purchase some high quality, vintage wine.
- Basildon Park: the bookworms and cinema-lovers amongst you will know this as the location of the Jane Austen novel “Pride and Prejudice” film adaptation. The 18th century house couples elegant interior with a beauty vista.
- The Museum of English Rural Life: Discover the galleries and displays of what life in the countryside of England is really like. The museum explores everything from the food production of the farms to the every day lives of the farmers themselves. Relax in the café or the gardens after viewing the collections they have on offer.
- Kennet and Avon Canal: The canal spanning 87 miles is perfect for an afternoon walk along or somewhere to go fishing! Maybe even hire a boat and relax all day on the canal. Watch out for the barges!
- Silchester Roman City Walls and Amphitheatre: Constructed in 1BC by an Iron Age tribe and becoming a large and important Roman town in 43AD, these ruins were never built over and really serve as a time-capsule for before modern civilisation began in the UK.