Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
Little Things make a Big Difference!by David Earnshaw, Dec 2018
We’ve all been there: you’ve forgotten about a dinner party you’d organised, or you’re now expecting company that 30 seconds ago you weren’t expecting. The house has, shall we say, seen better days. Its perfectly normal to go into panic mode at this point, but what if I told you there a few little things you can do to make your house look a lot cleaner than it is?
- Go where your guests will: By this we mean start where they will enter the house, and then blitz through any rooms that your guests are likely to go into. No point spending too much time on rooms and areas that no one will even see.
- Wipe down counter tops: In this regard, we can use ‘countertops’ to mean any surface which can collect dust. You’ll be amazed by how much can collect on the TV and making sure these areas are wiped down will make a huge difference.
- Bathrooms are decisive: For a measure of how clean a person’s house is, take a look at their bathrooms. Spend more time on them as they have a tendency to get messier than other rooms and your guests will probably feel like the entire house is clean if the bathroom is clean.
- Decluttering: Clutter will make your guests feel more on edge as it gives them more things to focus on. Clear it all away into a cupboard or room where your guests wont go and you can deal with it properly later.
- The Scent Matters: The sense of smell on humans when they enter an unnatural habitat is greatly heightened. But you can use this to your advantage. Get some scented candles or just some Febreeze and make your house smell cleaner.