COVID:19 – The Latest Adviceby Janine, May 2020
The Government have recently updated the advice on their website, and this time, they have directly referred to the cleaning sector:
“If you are a tradesperson carrying out essential repairs and maintenance in people’s homes, or are carrying out other work in a home such as cleaning or paid-for childcare in a child’s home, you can continue work, providing that you are well and have no symptoms.”
Whilst it has always been the case that you can continue to work (if you cannot work from home), it’s very reassuring that the advice now refers directly to our industry.
Some clients have now decided to restart their cleaning service, and many of our cleaners have decided that they’re ready to start working again.
Here are some points that may help you when considering the decision to resume over the coming weeks:
- The Government website specifically advises that clients should ensure good ventilation within their home, and leave all internal doors open whilst the cleaner is there to avoid any unnecessary touching of surfaces etc
- We are in touch with all cleaners and, wherever possible, we will ensure that existing cleaners are able to resume with their existing clients when that time comes
- We are advising all cleaners to wash their hands on arrival for 20 seconds
- The Government advice is also that cleaners and tradespeople should bring their own food and drink to work as opposed to accepting either from the home owner
- In order to facilitate communication and arrangements, can we ask that you give one week’s notice when you do wish to resume the service
As we have consistency maintained during this time, the decision to have a cleaner remains with each client, just as the decision to continue cleaning remains with each cleaner. Please rest assured, that whenever you are ready, we are ready for you.
Stay safe and remember, as always, we’re all in this together.