Cleaning for calorie burnby Well Polished Gloucester, Jul 2016
Hallelujah! According to Health.com, there’s several household chores we can do that can burn up to 100 calories! Imagine – burning your morning slice of toast off without entering a gym (or putting on your trainers!)
Obviously, you can lunge through the hoovering or squat whilst doing the dishes… but these tips make losing the calories even easier than that. You’ll be being productive and burning the fat without even realising. Here’s a couple of the top tips:
1. Scrubbing down the bathroom from floor to ceiling for 35 minutes burns as much as a 35 minute walk on the treadmill.
2. Moving furniture around your living room for 25 minutes is a great 100 calorie workout.
3. Mowing the lawn for 20 minutes can burn more calories than a power walk (you do have to use a push mower though… hey – it could be fun?)
4. Wash the inside and outside of your windows for 30 minutes to burn off 100 calories.
5. Moving laundry from washer to dryer, folding and organising your wardrobe for 45 minutes will actually help your clothes fit better.
Sounds good, right? But there’s a few things we’d like you to remember.
A heavier person will naturally burn more calories than a lighter person. The amount of calories you burn does depend on how dirty your home was to begin with. And lastly, think of the calories you’d burn on a nice, long, Country walk with the family… whilst your Well Polished cleaner takes care of that bathroom scrub for you? It’s a no brainer if you ask us!