Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
Top Five Garden & DIY Jobs for the May Bank Holiday Weekendby Carla Ditzel, May 2018
We often share tips and provide cleaners to take care of the domestic chores indoors. But one thing we can’t provide manpower for is gardening, so here are 5 jobs you can do yourself over the Spring Bank Holiday weekend. Dust down the lawnmower, pick up the garden fork and get ready for Summer.
- Plant up hanging baskets, patio tubs and borders with annuals such as trumpet-like Petunias, trailing Fuchsias, scented tobacco plants or jewel-like busy Lizzies. Buy inexpensive trays of plug plants this weekend to introduce colour to your garden all Summer.
- Treat your lawn using a rake to clear moss and dead thatch before getting out the lawn mower to cut the grass. Then ensure luxuriant summer growth with a high-nitrogen feed that includes iron phosphate to kill off moss. Don’t forget to compost the grass clippings and clip the edges for the perfect finish.
- Blast patios and paths with a high-pressure power washer. Use an anti-moss treatment that will prevent regrowth of lichen, algae and fungus as well as moss to cut down on work next year. This is also a good time to clear your guttering!
- Freshen up your bathroom by re-grouting tiles, cleaning limescale from taps and showerheads, fixing leaking shower trays with filler and replacing washers on dripping taps. You could even go the whole hog and replace worn fittings to make bath time that little bit more stylish.
- Solve storage problems forever with a built-in wardrobe that you can build yourself. List everything you need to store – including coats, shoes and accessories – and decide on the mix of drawers, shelves and hanging space plus cupboards for things you need but rarely use. Then measure up and do the maths!