Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
Tip Tuesday: Never Throw Out a Shrunken Sweater Again… Until You’ve Tried This Tip/Trick!by Carla Ditzel, Apr 2018
Accidents happen, but if your favourite cashmere ends up looking like it belongs on your 6-year-old’s Barbie doll, then remain calm. There is a solution, and it’s fairly simple.
There’s no need to cart that knit off to the charity shop just yet. Try this little trick to bring your sweaters, cotton t-shirts, and denims back to their original state: –
- Fill a sink with lukewarm water and add a capful of baby shampoo or hair conditioner. If you’re unshrinking a wool sweater, you may need more conditioner, about 1/3 of a cup. You can also use a gentle wool wash for delicates.
- Throw the garment in and let it soak for approximately 10 minutes. This will relax the clothing’s fibers.
- Drain the sink of water, and gently squeeze the garment, removing any excess water. DO NOT RINSE it with clean water.
- Place a towel on a flat surface and lay the garment over it. Roll the towel up, with the clothing in it, to absorb any excess water. The garment should be damp but not wet.
- Place the sweater on a fresh, dry towel. Gently stretch the garment whilst it is still damp. Keep it flat until it dries.
Hopefully, this will have done the trick.