Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
Make Use of Colour In Your Kitchen With These Ideasby Kerrie Hawkins, Jul 2019
The past few decades were dedicated to very neutral colors in the kitchen. It seems every kitchen had neutral appliances, cabinets and wall coverings. Today, people are being more expressive in the kitchen and that’s great news! The kitchen is where a lot of the daily activity takes place in the home, so make the most of this space.
Here are some places to use color in your kitchen:
- Paint & Wall Coverings: There are a variety of paint colors to choose from, so take your time making a decision. It will be the basis of making other choices for your kitchen. Wallpapers and borders are being use more frequently these days as well.
- Faucets: They’re not just chrome anymore. They come in a wide variety of solid colors and metallic options. It’s amazing what style just a faucet can add to your décor.
- Appliances: Thank goodness, the avocado green appliances of the 70s are gone, but then we moved onto the blah whites. Today, you have more choice, but before you go totally bold, realize that an investment into an appliance is something you’ll need to be happy with for many years to come.
- Cabinets: You can paint over old cabinet colors or install completely new ones. If you install new ones, really take some time with your decision. The expense of totally new cabinetry is not something to be taken lightly.
- Tiling: Look for unique expressions for your floor, backsplash and even your countertops. Tile is fairly easy to install and even easier to maintain.
If you’re not up for a big remodeling, you can still add color easily and little expense. In fact, if you’re working in a generally neutral color-scheme elsewhere in the kitchen, you can change your colors to suit your mood year-round!:
- Table cloths or place mats: Create a whole new color scheme for your kitchen with highly-decorative table cloths or mats.
- Window coverings: Forget bland Venetian blinds. Add some color with colorful fabrics.
- Use flowers, candles and other decorative elements to add color.
- Small appliances: Even the coffee maker and mixer can come in some great color choices. Pick the right one for you.
- Tableware: Dishes come in all kinds of colors and patterns. Choose some that suit your style. If you have neutral colored plates, place colorful charger plates beneath them to add some excitement.
Adding color to your kitchen can be as simple or as complicated as you’d like to make it. For your more involved projects, be sure to plan everything out, so it becomes the dream kitchen you hoped for.