Our Covid Measuresby Janine, Nov 2020
With the announcement of a second National lockdown in England, we want to reassure our clients of the measures we have in place to keep our cleaners and clients safe during their visits.
The message for this lockdown is not as restrictive as the previous lockdown we experienced earlier this year, and thankfully, the Government have been very clear on what activities can and cannot continue.
The Government website states the following:
Stay at Home. You must not leave your home or be outside of your home except for specific purposes. These include:
– for work purposes where your place of work remains open and where you cannot work from home (including if your job involves working in other people’s homes)
(You can read the full guidance by clicking here)
With this in mind, we will be continuing to offer our services as normal.
Throughout the pandemic, we have been continually advising our clients and cleaners to follow the correct social distancing measures to stay safe:
- All cleaners to wash hands upon entering a property
- Client & cleaner to keep the recommended social distance (2 metres) between themselves
- If there are people in the property, we suggest that those occupants remain in another room while the clean takes place. It would be ideal to agree to rotate that room on the next visit
- If social distancing is not possible, masks should be worn when in contact with each other
- When the clean is completed, the cleaner or client should wash cloths and equipment by rinsing them all through in disinfectant
- Wipe hard surfaces of equipment (mop handle, vacuums handle etc) down with a disinfectant
- Cleaner to wear masks, gloves or any other protective items that they feel is necessary, but to remember to still wash hands when entering/leaving the property
Some clients may prefer to pause their service during the 4 week lockdown, which is absolutely fine. This will always remain each client’s personal decision. However, we are confident that if the above measures are followed correctly, cleaning services can continue as normal.
If any cleaner or client has symptoms or is self-isolating, then the cleaning should obviously not take place.
For new enquiries, please be assured that we are still fully operational and as always, would love to arrange your cleaning service!
Cleaning remains as important as ever, and we will continue to play our part in slowing the spread of the virus.