Continuing with your service safelyby Janine, Jan 2021
With the announcement of a third National lockdown in the UK, we want to reassure our clients of the measures we have in place to keep our cleaners and clients safe during their visits.
The Government guidance is thankfully very clear on whether or not services such as domestic cleaning are allowed to continue:
The Government website states the following:
“you can only leave home for work purposes where it is unreasonable for you to do your job from home”
“There are still circumstances in which you are allowed to meet others
…..for work, or providing voluntary or charitable services, where it is
unreasonable to do so from home. This can include work in other
people’s homes where necessary – for example, for nannies,
cleaners, social care workers providing support to children and
families, or tradespeople”
With this in mind, we will be continuing to offer our services as normal.
Throughout the pandemic, we have been continually advising our clients and cleaners to follow the correct social distancing measures to stay safe:
- All cleaners to wash hands upon entering a property
- Client & cleaner to keep the recommended social distance (2 metres) between themselves
- If there are people in the property, we suggest that those occupants remain in another room while the clean takes place. It would be ideal to agree to rotate that room on the next visit
- If social distancing is not possible, masks should be worn when in contact with each other
- When the clean is completed, the cleaner or client should wash cloths and equipment by rinsing them all through in disinfectant
- Wipe hard surfaces of equipment (mop handle, vacuums handle etc) down with a disinfectant
- Cleaner to wear masks, gloves or any other protective items that they feel is necessary, but to remember to still wash hands when entering/leaving the property
If any cleaner or client has symptoms or is self-isolating, then the cleaning should obviously not take place.
For new enquiries, please be assured that we are still fully operational and as always, would love to arrange your cleaning service!
Cleaning remains as important as ever, and we will continue to play our part in slowing the spread of the virus.