Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
Toothpaste Tipsby Rachel Pendleton, Aug 2017
Other than the obvious use of brushing your teeth, did you know that toothpaste can be used for many other tricks?!
- Mobile phone screens. Over time unprotected phone screens get scratched, so rubbing in a little toothpaste with your finger and then wiping away with a damp cloth can reduce the scratches!
- Smelly baby Bottles. To remove the sour milk smell from baby bottles make a mixture of toothpaste and water, scrub with the mixture using a bottle brush and rinse thoroughly.
- Carpet stains. Apply toothpaste directly onto the stained area and scrub with a toothbrush/soft nail brush, then rinse and repeat until the stain has vanished!
- Defog your mirror. Rub a little toothpaste into your bathroom mirror and wipe dry, now when you shower your mirror will stay clear! This also works on swimming goggles and shower doors.
- Bug bites. For ant, mosquito and small bug bites apply toothpaste to cool the skin and prevent itching.
- Spots. Believe it or not toothpaste is a good blemish cream, it reduces redness and draws out infection! Apply a small amount just before bed and wipe away in the morning.
- Water rings on coffee tables. Rubbing toothpaste into stains on tables will eliminate water rings, apply some furniture polish afterwards to shine. Then get the coasters out!
- Nails. (Fingers and toe nails!) Scrubbing your nails with toothpaste will remove the yellow/orange tinge that appears after wearing coloured nail polish.
So, there you go. Next time you’re at the supermarket pick up a tube to pop under the sink!