Toothpaste Tipsby Well Polished Blackburn & Burnley, Aug 2017
Other than the obvious use of brushing your teeth, did you know that toothpaste can be used for many other tricks?!
- Mobile phone screens. Over time unprotected phone screens get scratched, so rubbing in a little toothpaste with your finger and then wiping away with a damp cloth can reduce the scratches!
- Smelly baby Bottles. To remove the sour milk smell from baby bottles make a mixture of toothpaste and water, scrub with the mixture using a bottle brush and rinse thoroughly.
- Carpet stains. Apply toothpaste directly onto the stained area and scrub with a toothbrush/soft nail brush, then rinse and repeat until the stain has vanished!
- Defog your mirror. Rub a little toothpaste into your bathroom mirror and wipe dry, now when you shower your mirror will stay clear! This also works on swimming goggles and shower doors.
- Bug bites. For ant, mosquito and small bug bites apply toothpaste to cool the skin and prevent itching.
- Spots. Believe it or not toothpaste is a good blemish cream, it reduces redness and draws out infection! Apply a small amount just before bed and wipe away in the morning.
- Water rings on coffee tables. Rubbing toothpaste into stains on tables will eliminate water rings, apply some furniture polish afterwards to shine. Then get the coasters out!
- Nails. (Fingers and toe nails!) Scrubbing your nails with toothpaste will remove the yellow/orange tinge that appears after wearing coloured nail polish.
So, there you go. Next time you’re at the supermarket pick up a tube to pop under the sink!