Easy peasy (lemon squeezy)by Diane Kasabov, Oct 2017
Lemon is high in citric acid and therefore a great cleaning product! It can be used for removing hard water stains, soap scum and even rust, but my favourite purpose (other than in a gin and tonic!) is to bring the microwave back to new. Here’s how…
- Add half a cup of water into a microwave safe bowl
- Slice a whole lemon in half, squeeze the juice into the water and then drop both halves into the bowl
- Place the bowl in the microwave. Microwave on a high power for 3 minutes, so the water comes to a boil
- Do not open the door, leave to stand for 5 minutes. The steam trapped inside the microwave will loosen food mess
- Open the door and carefully remove the bowl
- Wipe the inside of the microwave clean. If your microwave has a turntable be sure to remove this and wipe clean. Don’t forget the door!
- If there are any stubborn stains, dip your cloth in the lemon water and scrub until clean
Or, ask your Well Polished cleaner to have a go!
‘Easy peasy lemon squeezy’