Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
Secrets to a Crease-Free life!by Emma Lord, Oct 2017
So, the kids are settled back at school, you’re not picking up toys every hour of the day and you’re finally able to drink a hot cup of coffee without any interruptions. Ahhh, bliss…
…If only this was the case! We might be well into the swing of things with school and a routine, but focusing on work usually means the ironing pile is getting neglected! I don’t know about you, but I feel like my life is in a constant wash, dry, iron cycle!
Here at Well Polished, we’ve scoured the internet for our top 5 ironing tips to make it a bit easier for you!
- Now, this one seems quite obvious but I was very oblivious this could even make a difference – Don’t overload the washing machine! Washing your clothes in smaller loads can make them come out less wrinkled, so that you have less to iron.
- I’ve broken many a button in my ironing career, not to mention the few I melted! Why not use a spoon as a shield over the buttons when ironing your favourite work shirt. Whilst you might look at bit strange, you’ll protect your buttons and avoid any mishaps!
- Avoid the rigmarole of ironing both sides – place aluminium foil underneath your ironing board cover. This doubles the heat and irons the back and the front! This has been a lifesaver for my little one’s clothes!
- You don’t need a fancy pants iron with more buttons than the TV remove. Don’t have a steam iron? Use a spray bottle of water to moisten up the clothes before ironing. Believe it or not, it’s harder to iron clothes that are too dry!
- Get it in the right order! You probably don’t even realise this makes a difference, but ironing the cuffs/collars/hems etc before the body of your clothing, will keep them from losing shape and crease less!
Now, that’s all fine and dandy.. but imagine having somebody do it for you? Our best tip of all would be to call us today and book in for a regular cleaner, who not only makes your house sparkle, but can also tackle that ironing pile for you!
Make that hot cuppa a reality and book with us now!