Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
House Beautifulby Gail Earle, Aug 2017
We would all like our homes to look like a magazine shoot, but we haven’t the budget to spend like the stars! There are however lots of ways in which you can make your home look a million dollars…
Here’s our top 10 tips to have the home you’ll love!
1. Say it with flowers. My absolute favourite tip to brighten up any room! Spend as much or as little as you like, match with your colour scheme and away you go.
2. Bring in the light. Warm lighting makes your home look more welcoming. Pull curtains and blinds back to let in more light and experiment with different lamp shades.
3. Who is the fairest of them all? Again on the lighting theme, a large mirror on any wall can reflect the light making the room seem instantly larger.
4. Make a statement. If you don’t want to add a mirror, paint one wall a different colour or add wallpaper to create a focal point. Be sure to keep the other walls neutral!
5. Less is more. Just as you don’t want the walls too busy, neither do you want your shelves! Choose a more minimalist look and only have your very favourite items on show.
6. Hide your wires. Trailing and tangled wires are never a good look in anyone’s book.
7. Scents make sense. A beautiful smelling home always has that luxury feel. Using scented candles and scent diffusers can make a big difference, especially in a pet lovers home!
8. Bigger is better. Large cushions are always going to have more impact than a few small ones. Try larger pads in your existing covers and notice the difference.
9. Layering up. Layer up throws and cushions on your sofas and beds for that expensive look and opulent feel.
10.Splash a bit of cash. If there is a bit of spare money to upgrade and improve, changing light switches and door handles can really give a quality, updated look to your home.