Fill in the contact form below and we will get in touch with you to discuss your requirements
Easy peasy (lemon squeezy)by Rachel Pendleton, Oct 2017
Lemon is high in citric acid and therefore a great cleaning product! It can be used for removing hard water stains, soap scum and even rust, but my favourite purpose (other than in a gin and tonic!) is to bring the microwave back to new. Here’s how…
- Add half a cup of water into a microwave safe bowl
- Slice a whole lemon in half, squeeze the juice into the water and then drop both halves into the bowl
- Place the bowl in the microwave. Microwave on a high power for 3 minutes, so the water comes to a boil
- Do not open the door, leave to stand for 5 minutes. The steam trapped inside the microwave will loosen food mess
- Open the door and carefully remove the bowl
- Wipe the inside of the microwave clean. If your microwave has a turntable be sure to remove this and wipe clean. Don’t forget the door!
- If there are any stubborn stains, dip your cloth in the lemon water and scrub until clean
Or, ask your Well Polished cleaner to have a go!
‘Easy peasy lemon squeezy’